Human Resources Officer
Crocodile Gold Corporation’s NT Operations are currently seeking a Human Resources Officer to join their Team. This position will be primarily based in our Darwin Office but may be required to travel to our operational sites on occasion. This position will be a Monday to Friday role reporting directly to the Human Resources Manager.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of accurate and timely monthly and bi monthly payrolls. This will include the collation and entry of time sheets, leave forms and general details to produce an authorised payroll for transmittance to the bank.
- Accurately prepare all ‘post payroll’ and end of month reconciliations in relation to all payrolls. This will include gross and net wages, PAYG tax, superannuation, payroll tax, Annual Leave, RDO and TIL accruals, garnishees and other related deductions.
- Provide Workers Compensation Insurers with accurate and timely wage statements and wage reimbursement request forms.
- Ensure the provision of accurate information and timely payments to all payroll related vendors including Superannuation Funds and Government Agencies.
- Production of annual PAYG Payment Summaries.
- Update all employee payroll/remuneration records in accordance with yearly wage review outcomes.
- Production of all payroll related reports including end of month, end of year and any other ad-hoc reports as required
- Maintain high level confidentiality at all times.
- Upkeep and maintain electronic and physical personnel records for all employees. This will include records such as relocation and commencement details, personal details, timesheet and leave forms, disciplinary notes and workers compensation forms.
- Assist in staff recruitment. This includes placement of advertisements, liaison with recruitment agencies, collation of applications, arranging interviews and sitting as part of the interview panel when required, liaison with prospective employees and unsuccessful applicants, conducting reference checks, arranging pre-employment medicals and police checks, assisting with travel and/or relocation arrangements, drafting of Letters of Offer, and compiling new starter pack.
- Communicate with employees on personal and payroll matters
- Complete Government related surveys and statistics.
- Assemble and produce documents such as, but not limited to, Position Descriptions, Policies, Procedures, Guidelines etc.
- To strive for continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility.
To be successful in this role you will have the following essential criteria:
- Cert IV in Human Resources Management or equivalent occupational experience
- 3 – 5 Years’ experience in a similar role
- MicrOpay Meridian Payroll experience Essential
- Computer literate in office products and management packages, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel
- Sound level of research skills
- Well organised with good time management skills
- Ability to multi task effectively
- Have an understanding of and ability to interpret Awards and Government Acts.
- Honest, confidential and discreet.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Pro-active, innovative self-starter capable of working in a small team of professionals.
Applications are sought from current/permanent residents of the NT (specifically Darwin and its surrounds) or applicants who are willing to relocate to the NT.
If you think you are ready for your next challenge and want to be part of an established gold mining operation please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Crocodile Gold Australia Operations
PO Box 469
DARWIN, NT 0836
Or via email to: